Below you’ll find some frequently asked questions and answers about Prokard Explorer. They’ll tell you everything you need to know about it, from all the benefits it has to offer to activating your online profile.
Please take some time to read through them and, of course, if you still have any questions at all, feel free to get in touch.
What is Prokard Explorer?
Prokard Explorer is a marketing programme which operates both as a stand-alone local benefits programme as well as one that lives comfortably in tandem with Marriott Bonvoy. It’s all about making the most of every Protea Hotels experience.
As a stand-alone programme, the member enjoys benefits such as dining discounts, accommodation vouchers and preferential rates when travelling within the Protea Hotels footprint in Africa.
What are the benefits of Prokard Explorer?
As a stand alone program, the cardholders enjoy benefits such as dining discounts, accommodation vouchers and preferential rates; when travelling within the Protea Hotels by Marriott footprint in Africa.
Join Prokard Explorer and you can:
- Enjoy exclusive dining discounts of up to 50% off the food portion of your bill at participating hotel restaurants across the Protea Hotels by Marriott footprint.
- Accommodation discount Vouchers worth over R12, 000, redeemable at across the portfolio.
- Preferential accommodation rates of 10% off the best available rate of the day and 5% off special offers.
What is the difference between Prokard Explorer to the previous Prokard programme?
Prokard Explorer unites Prokard members, of all tiers, under one brand. Prokard Explorer has been developed to deliver on the tangible, incremental benefits which our customers enjoy in our hotels whilst supporting the integration of the award-winning Marriott Bonvoy loyalty programme. This allows us to provide our customers with a loyalty offering with global rewards. Through the Marriott Bonvoy programme, you will be able to earn and redeem Marriott Bonvoy points on your hotel stays and redeem those points at over 4,000 hotels around the world, including Protea Hotels and African Pride Hotels.
Prokard Explorer offers the traditional benefits associated with that of Prokard Gold; namely dining discounts, accommodation vouchers and preferential rates on accommodation. However, there is no earning and redemption of points benefit within this programme.
Are there tiers, and which tier do I qualify for?
Prokard Explorer isn’t a tiered programme; there is one level for all our members.
What happens when my Prokard membership expires?
Prokard members can continue to enjoy all the benefits associated to Prokard by renewing their membership with the new local benefits programme, Prokard Explorer. Prokard Explorer offers the traditional benefits associated with that of Prokard Gold; i.e., dining discounts, accommodation vouchers, preferential rates on accommodation. However, there is no earning and redemption of points benefit within this programme.
Can I still spend and redeem my Vouchers?
Valid Prokard members will be able to redeem Vouchers as they are valid for 12 months from the date of issue.
Can I book on the preferred Prokard Rate and earn Marriott Bonvoy Points?
Yes, Prokard Explorer members can receive Marriott Bonvoy points when making a Prokard booking on www.prokardexplorer.com but you need to check in at the hotel with your Marriott Bonvoy membership.
Can I be a member of both Prokard Explorer & Marriott Bonvoy?
Members may belong to both programmes. Prokard Explorer is a stand-alone local benefits programme which offers dining discounts, accommodation vouchers and preferential rates on accommodation. However, there is no earning and redemption of points benefit within this programme.
Through the Marriott Bonvoy programme, you will be able to earn and redeem Marriott Bonvoy points on your hotel stays and redeem those points at over 4,000 hotels around the world, including Protea Hotels by Marriott.
How do I join Prokard Explorer?
Simply visit www.prokardexplorer.com and complete an online application form and select your preferred method of payment or contact the Prokard Sales Office on 0861 777 444 or SMS your name to 32707 and we will call you back.
How do I book and redeem my benefits?
Simply visit prokardexplorer.com and login to your online profile to redeem your Preffered Rate Vouchers.
Can I share my vouchers?Yes, you can share a maximum of 2 Stay 1 Get 1 Free Vouchers. Kindly note the following in order to share your vouchers.
- A maximum of Two (2) Stay1Get1 vouchers can be shared through the duration of your current membership.
- A Prokard member cannot share the Free Night
- The members voucher recipient will automatically receive a free Prokard This membership will only be valid for 3 months from date of the voucher shared or the same expiry date as per the Prokard members membership.
- The voucher recipient will need to activate their Prokard Member profile in order to login and utilize the voucher.
- Upon activation of the Prokard membership, the voucher recipient will unlock the Prokard dining benefits which entitles them to discounts of up to 50% at participating restaurants.
- The voucher expiry date will remain the same as the original date of the voucher. Should the voucher still be valid when the membership expires, the voucher recipient will need to join Prokard Explorer as a paid member.
- Vouchers that have been shared cannot be returned to the Prokard member.
Where can I find more information?
Marriott Bonvoy Customer Support
Please contact the Marriott Customer Support desk on +27 21 427 6486 or email email@example.com for more information
Prokard Customer Support
Please contact the Prokard TEAM on +27 21 430 5300 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.